Thursday, December 9, 2010

Exit slip 12/9/10

Today's class I was able to regather all of the ideas we have learned throughout the Education 331, which was beneficial for me to recall how I can integrate technology into my future classroom.

How will I teach?
Three different ways I am going to integrate technology into my future classroom:
  • Interactive White Board: through using an interactive White Board my students will be able to engage in all my lessons. Allowing my students to engage in my lessons will allow my students to retain the information presented to them better because my students will be actively engaged in the material.
  • Classroom Wiki pages: Using wiki pages into my classroom allows me to communicate with my students' parents. The wiki page will be a classroom wiki in which I organize what I did through the day in order for the parents to know what their child has learned. I will also supply additional resources for the students' parents to engage in. In the classroom wiki I will display my students progress by putting their work on the wiki page in order for the students' parents to see their work. This classroom wiki will also allow my students to reflect on their day in my classroom. In a way, the students will sort of be able to discuss what has happened and what he or she learned.
  • Show Beyond: I will use show beyond to "spice" up my literature corner. Show beyond will allow my students to put together their own story. My students will draw their pictures of their story and then I will let them take pictures of their pictures andupload it to the classroom computer. The students will be able to narrate their own story, as well as provide image text, which would enhance the student's writing skills.
Class responses for integrating technology into our future classrooms:
  • IWB
  • Video streaming
  • blogging
  • Scratch
  • Epals
  • Simulations
  • online whiteboarding
  • course website
  • podcasting 1:1 initiative
  • screencasting
  • audio mechanisms
My thinking and role of teaching technology over this semester has changed dramatically. My idea of incorporating technology was something really simple like a PowerPoint, however this class has brought better technology into my teaching style. First, I thought technology was a way of taking away that actual teaching in the classroom, however now I know technology to be beneficial in the students' learning as well as improving my teaching. So, this class has left my on the positive spectrum of technology. I will engage students in technology through incorporating multiple technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment