Thursday, November 18, 2010

Exit Slip 11/18/10

Today in class we discussed the final chapter in the book. While debriefing the group’s presentation I gained a better insight on the grouping of Jigsaw. I realized how important this grouping is because Jigsaw allows everyone to put in their input because the groups are smaller. The students are able to receive input and give input.  Another thing that I took away from the debriefing is using multiple tools, not just using an Interactive White Board (Smart Board), but also the Document Camera (ELMO). Which brings up another topic and that is identifying certain tools properly by using the tool’s name and not just the brand name. I also learned about the three new R’s for education, which are Relevance, Rigor and Relationship.
Another thing that I took away from class today is when we were searching for media for our future classroom. This allowed me to see that things on the web are easy to find. I also learned that finding media that will be beneficial for me in the future will allow me to easily access this media later. I am also able to access my classmates’ Delicious account, which allows me to save time and use sources from their account. This class allowed me to future my Delicious account and also to see that I should add things that will benefit me and my future students.

No comments:

Post a Comment